Need Help: Lift for 99 K3500 CCLB. Whats available. Getting run around from shops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99K3500HDCCLB

Reaction score
Ive read a ton of posts. Here is the deal. Almost all these lifts what I told are not available anymore.

So I called a local well known off road shop. MY goal is 36in tires maybe 38s total 6inch lift and (fender flares )way down the road.

I asked about tortion keys didn't seem to mind that.

I asked about body lift, and well that went ugly.

Then I asked about lift kits They told me the only show in town anymore is RCD and according to his info its knuckle lift which I do not want a widen track for turning as this will still tow and haul stuff (Quads, a 25ft travel toy hauler, and flatbed trailers).

Ive seen some lifts that are all about knuckles and wow the tire track is wide. I found a super lift for it but he says the old trucks it will not work on. Keep in mind mine is an HD and OBS . I checked it has tortion keys super heavy duty IFS and triangular shock mounts as well.
He did tell me I do not need to change my front drive line out if I went with his 6 inch kit.

HELP.. Am I really that limited now?

See a lot of these posts are old like years old and well there were a lot of kits available for my truck. But my goal is quite simple I want top put just enough lift to clear 36sx12.50x16 on an a 8" rim while turning as well and maintain this beasts massive towing capacity so definitely radials.

NorCalMike

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Soild axle swap that beast with a 78-79 Ford dana 60. Or if you want to have a nice ride find a 05+ ford super duty front end with all the front suspension, fab up some mounts and a track bar. You'd have a coil/radius arm dana 60, smooth ride, and strength.

99K3500HDCCLB

Reaction score
UMmmmmm I have already been through all that with a massive project which even evolved to 2.5 rocks. This is something to tow haul a lot of stuff and wife can get in and out without much effort and drive sometimes

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have ifs and 4wd, you don't have a 3500hd. 3500hd's were only I beam solid front axle, 5 lug wheels on the front and 10 on the back. They never came as 4wd. Look for a lift kit for a 98 k3500 and you are good to go.

NorCalMike

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
UMmmmmm I have already been through all that with a massive project which even evolved to 2.5 rocks. This is something to tow haul a lot of stuff and wife can get in and out without much effort and drive sometimes

You can do a coil/radius arm sas and keep it pretty low. No need to make the thing a monster truck.