Need help finding correct key fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don’t have the original key fob for my truck. It’s a 1999 ccsb and had came with factory keyless entry but I don’t have the fobs. Does anyone know if you order Tahoe or just standard pickup truck fobs? Is there a number in the vin that I need in order to find the correct ones? It seems somewhere I seen that there are a couple different numbered fobs and you need the correct one in order for it to work?

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
I went to our local dealer to get both of mine.Might have paid a little more than aftermarket but I knew they were right ones.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
4d tahoe/Yukon, suburban, should use same remote other than ones with the hatch style glass.

I think I have some I got extra for a 97 suburban I didn't use...

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I looks like there are 2 different fobs for that truck, 2 button or 3 button.
Pretty sure that 3 button one is for a "regular" 1999 - a GMT800 truck, while the 2 button is for the GMT400 (does indicate 1997-1999 C/K in the description)

Looks to be a good source for remotes. Bookmarked!

Richard

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Pretty sure that 3 button one is for a "regular" 1999 - a GMT800 truck, while the 2 button is for the GMT400 (does indicate 1997-1999 C/K in the description)

Looks to be a good source for remotes. Bookmarked!

Richard

The 3 button is also for the GMT 400 Suburban/Tahoe for the rear doors.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
We may not be looking at the same remotes. The 3 button one I'm looking at has a red 3rd button with the horn ("panic" or "find your truck in the parking lot") icon, for the GMT800 trucks.

Now that I looked 'em up under Suburban, they do have a 3rd button to the bottom right for "rear doors" like you mentioned. I forgot all about that setup as I only owned 1 Suburban with factory keyless entry and didn't keep it long! I looked for my spare remotes but I guess they went with it.

Richard