Need help deciding on a head unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DWillmont

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
personally I would lean more toward Kenwood or Alpine in my opinion Pioneer's quality has kind of gone down the tubes. Kenwood for indash DVD or Alpine for Cd deck

Juan!

Meh
Reaction score
I've always liked Pioneer. I've had a low end Pioneer, a mid-range Premier, and now I have one of the full-color Premiers. I've loved them all. Got rid of the first because I wanted one with sub outputs and the second one was stolen.

Also, I don't know about you but I've never liked the iPod interfaces. They don't always show all the characters and sometimes are kinda a pain to navigate. I've always preferred using an auxiliary input and just hold the iPod in my hand. Plus then you can connect phones, laptops, other mp3 players, etc to it, not just iPods.

Just an idea. If you've used the ipod interface and like it then :high5:

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got the pioneer flipout from this year and its good, no complaints. I have an older din.5 pioneer in the big truck and its been great for 6+ years.

Go with whatever you can afford im sure the diff between models is minimal.

Reaction score
I have been running Alpine stereo's for several years now and I have had no complaints. The quality is great even in their lower end units. I picked up a $400 deck on clearance at Best Buy for $159, never been used it was last years model--made no difference to me.

Chevrolet Fanatic

GM Leg Humper
Reaction score
Get the DEH-P5100UB, you won't be disappointed. I have almost the exact same model, just last years look. I absolutely love mine and have no issues whatsoever with it, I couldn't have asked for a better head unit when I got mine. It has been great. I have a 16GB usb drive hooked up to the back of it through the extension cable, it's ran into my glove box, can do the same with an i-pod and it is a very nice feature.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
USB is sick, i have 2 4 gig sticks sitting in the console. Loads much faster than data dvd.

Juan!

Meh
Reaction score
right now I use either my Droid through the aux or mp3 cds. Both work fine but having a usb port on the thing would be mmmm