Need Anti Sway Bar Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB97

Reaction score
Need some help with what sway bar to go with. I was looking at some from Hellwig but they only go as low as a 4" drop for the front. Need one for a 5", was driving the truck a bit yesterday since I got the new radiator put in and noticed it had tons of side sway. Crawl under the front and behold there is no sway bar at all.

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IMHO junkyard you a stock one, I'm running a stock one no problem. Push come to shove if you just want the hellwig one, cut the sleeve that goes between the 2 rubbers enough for it to put your bar straight when your on your own weight... (your shooting for a 90* angle) and also kinda ghetto but you could just stack washers between the rubbers to the distance you need.

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These are my stock end links and theyve never given me any problems... They look gross because I keep em coated in silicone paste so they like to pick stuff up off the road. If you do go helwig get the rear also I love mine.. I welded the bases to the axle so there's like no slop in the back at all.

You must be registered for see images attach

JB97

Reaction score
If a stock one will work my buddy has an extra he said he would give me. Would have to get all the hardware as it is just the bar, I have DJM upper and lower control arms on the front would that cause any issues with placement that you know of.

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ew that I don't know, I'm looking at dropping the drop spindle and flipping over to djm tubulars also, from looking at the pics the kit should have come with new end links for the correct length on the stock sway bar, I have no dimensions but they look to be about half the length in the middle. But when I was looking I didn't see anything about having to get a new sway bar for clearance But push come to shove you didn't save those end links when you did the arms I think the end link kits will come with the spacer, bushings, bolt, and nut... Although I bought my setup from the Chevy house so I might have just bought it all when I did mine... Employee discount makes you buy all kinds of stuff..

You must be registered for see images attach

JB97

Reaction score
I will have to look to see if I can get the end links, everything was already installed when I bought the truck so I am finding things now that need to be taken care of. Thanks for all the help you saved me a good chunk of change to use somewhere else on it.

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No worries bud, just shout if you need any more help.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Just so you know, if you get a factory one, the trucks that had both front & rear sway bars have a smaller front bar than the trucks that came with just the front one. Bit of a compensation factor from the factory for just having a single bar.

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Our trucks came with a factory rear? I have only seen them on the burbs and hoes, good to know.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Both my RCSB's have rear bars. Not factory though.
The one that's been on both trucks at one time or another is off of a 1/2t Burb.
Super easy install & one of my best/favorite mods on my trucks. Makes the front & rear feel as if they are actually working together. The handling diff with/without is night & day.