NBS stepside tailgate spoiler on OBS stepside?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimdaug

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I managed bash the crap out of the top lip of my tailgate this past weekend.

I think I've seen somewhere where you could put the fleetside tailgate cap/spoiler from a NBS on an OBS but can't find if it works with stepsides also.

Can anyone verify? Also, if you know of a less pricey alternative than the OEM part that would be cool too. I've seen cheaper ones for the fleetsides but am not having luck with the stepsides.

chevyrider838

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I managed bash the crap out of the top lip of my tailgate this past weekend.

I think I've seen somewhere where you could put the fleetside tailgate cap/spoiler from a NBS on an OBS but can't find if it works with stepsides also.

Can anyone verify? Also, if you know of a less pricey alternative than the OEM part that would be cool too. I've seen cheaper ones for the fleetsides but am not having luck with the stepsides.
Will the NBS tailgate spoiler fit the OBS fleetside?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yep and it got your attention...hopefully now it'll get someone's attention with something to actually offer.....
Maybe visit the boneyard with a tape measure? That would be step #1. Then ask yourself if you think you can eyeball the profile of the tailgate upper shape close enough to feel whether the thing will fit correctly or not.

My guess is.. it won't fit, and will look terrible and cobbled-on. Just my opinion, worth what ya paid for it..

Richard

chevyrider838

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe visit the boneyard with a tape measure? That would be step #1. Then ask yourself if you think you can eyeball the profile of the tailgate upper shape close enough to feel whether the thing will fit correctly or not.

My guess is.. it won't fit, and will look terrible and cobbled-on. Just my opinion, worth what ya paid for it..

Richard
Thanks for your response!