NBS fans on OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbuck

Reaction score
Not much info out there about this, so i figured i would post some info. It might be a few weeks before i commit to it, just did some test fitting today. test vehicle is my 99 2dr 2wd tahoe pretty much stock... fans are for a 2500/3500 truck, but the shroud is the same as a 1500 truck, it just has different fans... and it was alot cheaper for the 2500/3500 fans on rockauto...

fits the radiator perfect, but problems come with fitting the truck.

the top mounts for the radiator wont work with out triming the efan shroud. i plan on ditching the OBS factory radiator mounts and using some sheet metal and bending a 90* in it and just use the e-fans to mount it. NOTE: the shroud sitting about .5" to high because of the lower mounts and lower radiator hose, read below for more info... and yes the hood does clear the fans.

You must be registered for see images attach

the shroud sit on the factory lower radiator hose, im going to see about reroutung the hose.

the lower mounts on the fans dont line up on the OBS, ill probably cut the metal and rivit in some aluminum angle to hold the fans.

another possible problem will be the steering box it doesnt hit now, but with the fans are lowed to the correct place it might hit...

pretty close to the charcoal canister but there is about 1/8-1/4" gap. should be fine..

but plenty of clearance with the engine...