My Truck 98 GMC scsb project (again lol)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_GMC

Reaction score
WHEEL UPDATE ON NEXT PAGE GUYS

Sup guys new here, Charlie, from tomball texas, houston area. posting this again because apparently i posted in the wrong section where im not able to receive feedback from you guys. so here's the link of my truck and its progress.

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?19989-MY-1998-SC-PROJECT

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
nice truck! and welcome from amarillo!

sent from the c1500 Denali

98_GMC

Reaction score

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How difficult was the v6 to v8 swap
I see a lot of clean v6's out there for cheap
V8's are harder to find in good shape

What about the seats?
Did you redo the leather?

98_GMC

Reaction score
How difficult was the v6 to v8 swap
I see a lot of clean v6's out there for cheap
V8's are harder to find in good shape

What about the seats?
Did you redo the leather?

well if you have a 98 the best route is to get a donor 98 or 99 classic truck other wise its a pain with the wiring cuz they are slightly different than 96/97 which was happend here lesson learned but for the most part no too too bad.. and same if you have a 97 or 96 truck best to find a donor of those years. my donor was a suburban,

my truck was originally a SL v6 with manual locks and windows. so basically bought the everything out of it at junkyard took motor, computer, wiring, door panels, electric locks, pwr windows, seats and console.. and installed on mine and basically turned into a SLT version. lol

seats were re done with real leather. installed the denali steering wheel with the matching gauge cluster that goes to 120 mph. truck itself had 88k miles original thats why it was decided to go thru all this trouble because the truck and body and everything was so clean and in great shape. original paint in awesome condition aswell.

Welcome! Looks good!

Thk you

Last edited: