My project/dd truck 95 2wd ecsb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gunz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Bought this farm truck a couple weeks ago. Removed the trim. Fixed all the little issues, Found a set of 17 tires and wheels on CL. Gonna run it as is for awhile, but I am planning a 5.3 nv3500 build later. maybe a light drop in the rear. Building a tow hitch now . I want it to be hifdden behind the roll pan i installed and stilll have room for a spare tire under the rear. just started the fab/planning tonight. Have to build my own crossmembers for the spare tire winch so I can reposition it to access it from the passenger wheel well. More to come later.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Welcome! Nice truck!
There is a Co. that makes a spare tire relocation kit specifically for GMT400's with a rollpan. Can't remember the name off the top of my head. Someone else will know. Fairly reasonable $$$, IIRC.

gunz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks man, but I already have the plan in my head. The Marine Corps spent alot of money teaching me to weld many years ago. I dont buy much if i can build it myself custom.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Excited to see how this turns out. A welder with an Idea always turns into something big. Now if that's a big failure or a big success is up to you!

gunz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Attaboy! Built, not bought!

I dont leave anything stock. Never had a truck I made payments on. Just sold my 2005 ecsb 4x4. Couldnt stand the cab noise, the creaks that came from the added doors, and the stupid seatbelts in the seats. Only had it for 60 days. made about $1300 on the deal so no harm done. I will see if I can dig up pics from my other trucks. Never lowered a truck before I always had a 4x4. I am still collecting parts for my 89 crew cab 1 ton 4x4 cummins build, but dont have time for it right now.

gunz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I ripped out the exhaust from the crappy thrush muffler to the chrome 1990s exhaust tips. Started fabbing up the hitch. It is made of angle, with a notch for the reciever tube. Nowhere near finished. I still have to box the back of it with the gussets and the mounting brackets. it will set in the channel of the frame rail in the rear. Bed will have to come up to install it. but youll get the idea. I have measured several times I am certain I can put a spre tire under it with this reciever.

Ready to be welded up, Just showing my fab work.

Sitting on the truck with the roll pan in place, the hitch is sticking otu about 1.5 inches further than it will when its installed correctly.

Anyhow, its getting closer.

Normally I would not use angle for this, But box tubing causes some issues with other things I am trying to do. Once its completely boxed 9 well angle boxed) it will be melded together with all the mouning brackets to finish it up.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
Looks like the rollpan needs some work. But good job on the fab skills.

gunz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like the rollpan needs some work. But good job on the fab skills.

Its just sitting there for measurement purposes. Not even bolted up. I needed to get depth set on the hitch so the reciever would sit right behind the tag.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome and great start with the truck. Too bad I can't run a hidden hitch my tank being in the way.