My old stable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue_Z71

Reaction score
To go along with my introduction thread - (although I don't have a GMT400 at the moment). I have an '84 C10 383, recently sold my '06 Z71, and I once had a '95 Sierra 2500 350 NV4500 RCLB that would go anywhere with the 35" Buckshots. I'm looking for an OBS crew cab, preferably Detroit powered for the mileage and to have something new and different.

You must be registered for see images attach

The toolbox has been on all 3 trucks, I've definitely got my monies worth out of it.

Blue_Z71

Reaction score
Thanks! It was my pride and joy for a while, really proud of it. Now its just a fair weather cruiser that gets 10 mpg. Kind of useless when you've got a family

Blue_Z71

Reaction score
Anywho I thought it was fast with the 350...until I got the 383 and big carb. Now its just too fast and too light in the back end. How did you like your 4bt'd beast?

Blue_Z71

Reaction score
Thank ya kind sir. Spent a lot of time and a decent amount of money on it. I'd love to get it down here to NC and put some more miles on it. I FORGOT to mention it only has 80-some thousand miles on it. Motor has about 40k cuz it came out of a '70.5 Camaro and sat for 20 years

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Me likey your trucks...
Give 'er on the 6.5, just make sure you deal with the PMD right off the bat when you get it, if it hasn't already been done.
I've never owned one but I've used quite a few (most lately, one in a '97 C3500HD flatbed for work) and my opinion is this:
Unloaded: slow and rattly with really good mileage
Loaded: slow and rattly with really good mileage

Empty or with 3'000+ lbs in the back, doesn't make a bit of difference. Torque? Yes.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Nice trucks man. And i agree...do the PMD relocate asap once you get a Detriot powered GMT400.

Though i will slightly disagree about the slow and rattly part in them lol...But then again im used to my Detroit powered K1500...Could very well be gearing and the lighter weight of the 1/2 ton.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Nice trucks man. And i agree...do the PMD relocate asap once you get a Detriot powered GMT400.

Though i will slightly disagree about the slow and rattly part in them lol...But then again im used to my Detroit powered K1500...Could very well be gearing and the lighter weight of the 1/2 ton.

Gearing probably has a lot to do with it, but either way they aren't race engines, just tough workhorses. I think they get a lot more flak then they deserve, personally I'd take one over a Duramax any day of the week.
And I love the distinct rattle of a Detroit. Classic.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Gearing probably has a lot to do with it, but either way they aren't race engines, just tough workhorses. I think they get a lot more flak then they deserve, personally I'd take one over a Duramax any day of the week.
And I love the distinct rattle of a Detroit. Classic.

All good points. Tbh the only way i would own a Dmax is if it was a manual transmission. The Allison sucks back too much power out of the engine imo

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffisClnCo