My new whip lol 1972 cutlass

Ls swap or 455 stroker

• Ls or 455

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Or other swaps mopar maybe lol

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kens1990K2500

One Piece At A Time
Reaction score
Before and after couldn't find metallic blue so I went with Pontiac gm blue
Pontiac engine blue is a good color. I used to own a 1972 Pontiac Lemans way back in the 80s. Those 72 Cutlasses roamed the earth back then. Rarely see any cars that vintage anymore, except at car shows or cuise nights, but back then, people still used 'em as daily drivers Ah, the good 'ol days

2drXmobb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pontiac engine blue is a good color. I used to own a 1972 Pontiac Lemans way back in the 80s. Those 72 Cutlasses roamed the earth back then. Rarely see any cars that vintage anymore, except at car shows or cuise nights, but back then, people still used 'em as daily drivers Ah, the good 'ol days
Yeah I was on the fence with the judge or 442 but couldn't find any affordable Pontiac convertibles at the time. Hopefully I can get this dinosaur resurrected and gather all the bones . It was a basket case when I found it

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Where do you get factory original seat covering, or at least an original looking reproduction?
In order of preference...
Year One Interiors.
Legendary Auto interiors.
Original Parts Group Inc.
All 3 manufacture repro Cutlass upholstery.

DO NOT USE...
Ciadella Interiors. Ever. NeverEver. For anything.

Last edited:

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Noooo!
Keep that car as original as you can.
Its a rag top.
If you go down the LS swap road you have to commit yourself to building a legit resto-mod car.
And that means that once you have altered that car you not only have put that car into a rather skechy market but those potential customers will pick that car apart and offer you dimes on the dollar.
If you LS swap a car like that one you have to commit yourself and your wallet to turn it into something that is unique enough and so well done that is saleable.
The "Classic Car" world is chock full of "Resto Mods" to the point that is just boring as hell.
And, mark my words kids. Five years from now those cars wont be worth ****.
Cars and mods to cars happen in the same way.
Its just as much a fad as as bennie babys and friggen talking elmo and pet rocks.
Look at it this way.
Someday we all croak. No way out of that.
Dont be that dead guy where all of his relatives are standing around that hole in the ground and all disappointed because he LS swapped the Olds.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dont be that dead guy where all of his relatives are standing around that hole in the ground and all disappointed because he LS swapped the Olds.
LOL
Agree, keep it stock, do it because you love the car.

In the resto mod world you put 100k into a car hoping you can get 60k if shyt happens and it has to go.

Last edited:

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Y'all need to scroll up, he's kept the 455 and painted it.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know I'm too late but good job on the 455 decision. I would of voted for that power plant.