My new to me truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomcat58

Reaction score
Title says GMT 400 I need a truck to haul my heavy truck camper so saw this and grabbed it. Truck cab and chassis weighs 5000 plus 480 lb for the pro tech 14 foot aluminum bed. Add on the headache rack and all the hardware attaching it to the frame and I rounded it out to 6000 lb. The GVWR is 16,000lb That leaves me 10,000 lb for cargo.

After researching dually pickups and most are 4 door models you don't get much left for loads. My Bigfoot camper loaded is about 4,000 lb so hopefully I can now get down the road without being over loaded.

Attachments

• truck 1.jpg
    truck 1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 24
  • truck 2.JPG
    truck 2.JPG
    419.3 KB · Views: 24
  • truck 3.JPG
    truck 3.JPG
    389.4 KB · Views: 24

Tomcat58

Reaction score
Awesome. Lotta truck camper talk around here lately and I approve!
Awesome. Lotta truck camper talk around here lately and I approve!
I love the bigfoot 3000 camper it is built first class BUT not many pickups can handle a 4000lb load. Drove it from washington State south to Yuma AZ and all around down Arizona and back north. Its great. A little slow getting to freeway speed but once its rolling it works great no swaying thru turns anymore :)

Tomcat58

Reaction score
bit of a update on my flatbed camper unit. Being on a budget and retired I found some old thick steel siding from a garage the military pulled down. Price was FREE !! After figuring out where the center of gravity on the truck was and the camper it made more sense to have it back on the bed 32 inches then 32 inches forward and that left 32 inches between the camper front wall and the headache rack. Free steel and a friends helping me cut it up and weld and its coming along nicely. front storage section is 32 wide and 90 inches wide. Side of camper that would normally hang over a trucks side bed walls is 8 feet long and 18 inches deep and about 18 inches high. The side metal are now to siding doors and the front doors are kind of a gull wing. The front doors are the two sides of a old washing machine hahaaha if people are interested I post more on my new storage build ? But this is a truck site not a camper truck site so I stop here for now....

Attachments

• bulding storage boxes now.JPG
    bulding storage boxes now.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 100_9531[1].JPG
    100_9531[1].JPG
    281.6 KB · Views: 14
  • P2101427.JPG
    P2101427.JPG
    268.6 KB · Views: 15

GMCTruck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's quite a substantial rig. The 3500HD is a lot more truck than a regular one ton. Heavy straight rail frame. Heavier springs. You will not be overloaded.