My first car, an 89 k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gordy_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's what my new speedometer looks like. Not bad for 40 bucks. I plugged it into my cigarette lighter and the cigarette lighter socket surprisingly works.
You must be registered for see images attach

Gordy_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These trucks are just a ton of fun and honestly pretty easy to work on. I've had alot of fun fixing up my '89.

When I got my '89 my dad also got a '91 chevy 2500 from the same guy. The '91 had a blown transmission, so we've got a junkyard one we're gonna put in it, and I spent the day pulling the blown transmission out of the truck. It was a little easier than I thought it would be.

Gordy_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went to the scrap yard today! I got a few minor interior pieces and a few parts for my dad's 2500. I think the best score of the day was my new seat. I paid 50 bucks because the truck it came out of was scheduled to go to the crusher . They are overall really nice, and the split bench will help with my short legs fully pressing the clutch lol. I will have to drill some holes into the floor because my truck is a single cab, but the comfort and adjustment is worth it.
You must be registered for see images attach