my 98 stepside project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
possible score on a perfect 98 dash to replace mine, with gauge bezel. :rocking: ima sand and prep it for paint, then ditch mine :) 20 bucks!

Reaction score
Ima paint it Synergy Green and black.. damn bro! 6? lol... Got a headlight switch? Mine works, but the gray rubber piece came off and now its just the white knob.. looks waaaay wrong IMO..lol My original dash is behind my shed awaiting its death. Previous owner rattle can primed it till it was smooth, then spray painted it red to match the truck and spray painted the bezel white.. Its of coarse bubbling.. And my current dash is a junk yard find, was light tan and i dyed it dark gray with the rattle can dye (with plans on sanding it smooth and painting) but it has two cracks just above where the bezel mounts. Drives me nuts, and im scared to epoxy the cracks and chance a later failure.. So now i can do the new dash for the truck and maintain a dash while doing it :) I love it! :rocking:
The dash pieces that attach, mine are all great condition. Even have the passenger airbag delete pocket and the rubber liner in it is mint.
My door panels fkn suck *** tho.. both are junk yard pieces since originals had burlap glued to them. and one was spray painted. Found a gray and a tan one and dyed them drk gray. but drivers wont hold the dye, it flakes off sooo easy. Ive tried cleaning it with different things but all have failed. Scared that if i sand it smooth and paint it, it will still do it. Idunno what someone did to it. but its not taken to any dye. lol...

Damn i can babble allot... :lol:

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hear you about the epoxy, if I were going to try a repair I would use panel bond, but I don't know if even that would work. It's going to look Sic with that green and black, I can't wait to see it done, and I will look for a headlight switch for you.

Reaction score
Sweeeet. Thanks bro! I oversprayed the dash and door panels half *** with black prime for a quick fix to hide the cheesy dye. Now i like it so much i think ima do an all black interior with just Synergy green accent pieces. If ya find one just let me know what ya want to send it to Ga. P.M. me how to pay and all.

loweredd

Reaction score
Too bad you're so far away. I'm taking the painted interior out of mine to go to stock gray or charcoal if I can find it. It would save a lot of sanding.

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
Here's a couple for you man.

Fkn A man.... I just searched for this post, and now i regret cutting the newer floor.. Idunno what to do. I like being able to see the air stuff. Yet i want the clean floor. This sux :(