My 95 silveraydo build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

350chevy719

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Little update: Lift will be here next week and going into the shop immediately. Getting a good price for install and they promise to have it done in one day, I definitely dont have time to do it with running a restaurant.
Also working on a new system, i cant seem to have any luck.

Started with 2 10s in a front facing box, kids were kicking the subs so sold the box and put the subs in my blazer. Got a box w/ 2 12s. Now need room for car seat. Ordered a down firing box for 12s. 12s wont fit. Picked up shallow mount subs. They wont fit. Going to the audio store tomorrow to see what they can do about building me a box. Im getting frustrated. Wanted to have the system done before the truck gets lifted.

And still searching for tires but I cant justify not getting more life out of these 33s

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Little update: Lift will be here next week and going into the shop immediately. Getting a good price for install and they promise to have it done in one day, I definitely dont have time to do it with running a restaurant.
Also working on a new system, i cant seem to have any luck.

Started with 2 10s in a front facing box, kids were kicking the subs so sold the box and put the subs in my blazer. Got a box w/ 2 12s. Now need room for car seat. Ordered a down firing box for 12s. 12s wont fit. Picked up shallow mount subs. They wont fit. Going to the audio store tomorrow to see what they can do about building me a box. Im getting frustrated. Wanted to have the system done before the truck gets lifted.

And still searching for tires but I cant justify not getting more life out of these 33s

JL stealth box...pricey, but awesome. Comes with either one 10 or two 10s.

I had a dual one in my last truck and have had the mtx thunderforms and some other brand over the years...I currently have a single stealthbox now and love it.

DaltonB98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/2395096/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/kicker-...4-ohm-subwoofer-black/5125616.p?skuId=5125616

That's the box and subs I run in my truck, the subs fit easily in the box, and the seat folds down all the way. Hardest part about this is finding somewhere to mount the amps. The box is made pretty well, I got the rhino-lined shell because they carpeted one was damaged and they gave it to me for no up charge. If you'd like I can try and get a picture of it this weekend.

350chevy719

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/2395096/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/kicker-...4-ohm-subwoofer-black/5125616.p?skuId=5125616

That's the box and subs I run in my truck, the subs fit easily in the box, and the seat folds down all the way. Hardest part about this is finding somewhere to mount the amps. The box is made pretty well, I got the rhino-lined shell because they carpeted one was damaged and they gave it to me for no up charge. If you'd like I can try and get a picture of it this weekend.

Thats the box I got but the subs I have are just too big for the hole (haha) The outer ring of the woofer wont sit it the "braces" on the outside and top....if that makes sense

DaltonB98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats the box I got but the subs I have are just too big for the hole (haha) The outer ring of the woofer wont sit it the "braces" on the outside and top....if that makes sense
Yeah I smell what your stepping in lol. That must suck though to have a system just sitting there but not able to be used.

350chevy719

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I smell what your stepping in lol. That must suck though to have a system just sitting there but not able to be used.

Forreal, my living room is scattered haha. Ill be going to the audio shop today to see what i can do. Most likeyl get ones to fit instead of getting a box made. The box with the 12s will be going in the blazer and ill just sell the 10s

350chevy719

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So they had no subs to fit. Went home to see if i could modify the box to make these work. Not having much luck so lookes like me and the girlfriend are building a box today!

350chevy719

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got home today from work to find 6 rough country boxes on the front porch! She gets dropped off tomorrow morning at the shop pics will be up as soon as shes well!

350chevy719

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And heres the box we constructed (without top mounted in), wind was getting bad and cold so ill build the 2nd one this weekend. And then get pics of them in the truck
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

350chevy719

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Little progress pic, should be done today! Went ahead and got all 4 ball joints replaced with moog and new pitman and idler arm. So that set the install back a few hours

You must be registered for see images attach