My 1998 sierra z71 build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking good! Always loved this color. Will be a new truck by the time you remove everything from it!

Step bars? ;)

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
Looking good! Always loved this color. Will be a new truck by the time you remove everything from it!

Step bars? ;)

Thanks man!

Last edited:

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
Well I put my cab lights on and tried wiring them in to every fuse that had to do with lights and they will stay on with the key off and the lights off, what would I need to do to make em come on with the DRL and headlights ?

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I put my cab lights on and tried wiring them in to every fuse that had to do with lights and they will stay on with the key off and the lights off, what would I need to do to make em come on with the DRL and headlights ?

Run the wire down the a frame of the door and through the dash. Then connect it to the brown wire that is part of the switch that turns on your running lights and headlights. The brown one is for the markers.

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
Run the wire down the a frame of the door and through the dash. Then connect it to the brown wire that is part of the switch that turns on your running lights and headlights. The brown one is for the markers.

Ok thank you! The dash just pops out right?

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok thank you! The dash just pops out right?

Correct. May be a little tough if it's one of the first times its come off, but it'll pop off. You don't actually need to take it that far off.