My 1998 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffrey99

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
were did you buy your tyc elegant headlights from, and what is your set up for wheels and tires.
i love your leds wired to the amp but i could see how it could get annoying thinking a cop is behind you.

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
were did you buy your tyc elegant headlights from, and what is your set up for wheels and tires.
i love your leds wired to the amp but i could see how it could get annoying thinking a cop is behind you.

I got the TYC headlights from Amazon.com. Just make sure you are looking at the genuine TYC units, and not cheap knock offs. I have TYC headlights on a few other cars I have bought since then, and I am very pleased with the quality.

The wheels are 17x9 Dick Cepek DC2s wrapped in Nitto Terria Grapplers 265/70 R17. The backspacing on the rims is -12mm if I remember correctly.

I liked the Sub leds, but my nerves couldn't handled it haha.

I don't really get on here as much as I should, anymore. My major really picked up with college, and I didn't feel like I could drive my truck around campus safely, so it wound up sold. :( I have a gas saver, and muscle car to occupy my time now, but neither one are as fun as the Chevy. Definitely regret selling it, I wish there was another way.

jeffrey99

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the help and good luck with collage, i got one more year left with high school before i start.

Last edited:

wadew98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been awhile guys. I ordered lots of LEDs from Superbright this past week. They arrived yesterday and I got them in.

Here are some pictures:
Courtesy lights: (Not that blue in real life)
You must be registered for see images attach

Dome light:

Taillight:

HVAC:

Headlight switch:

Gauges: (Much bluer in reality)

4x4 OFF:

4x4 ON:

Some of the colors are distorted, but you guys get the idea. Over all I am very pleased with the lights. My only wish is that the 4x4 indicator and headlight switch were brighter. I would advise a WLED 5x for the 4x4 and a NEO4 HP for the switch.

I am currently trying to trouble shoot a pesky SES light, and I can forsee it sucking several hundred dollars out of my bank account. Regardless, the night mods will include an upgraded head unit, more bedliner, and a cam. All of this should be before the beginning of the year.

What are your thoughts?

Looks awesome, I might steal your idea with the blue lights....
But its sweet to see a manual K1500 just like mine, I wish mine was a manual so bad you have an nice ass truck .