My 1998 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Your truck is looking SOOOO sweet! I really dig those rims and the grille job!

I had a couple of questions: what size tires are you running, and what is the offset/backspacing on those rims?

I was also really curious about your Black Bear tune- how much difference did you notice? Did it help your MPG or HP noticeably?

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
Your truck is looking SOOOO sweet! I really dig those rims and the grille job!

I had a couple of questions: what size tires are you running, and what is the offset/backspacing on those rims?

I was also really curious about your Black Bear tune- how much difference did you notice? Did it help your MPG or HP noticeably?

Hey man, sorry for the slow reply! Life has been tough on me lately so I haven't been on here much.

I'm running 265/70 R17 for tires. They sit up about 31 inches. They are as big as I can fit without cranking it up or having it rub. The backspacing on the rims is -12mm if I remember correctly.

I did the Black Bear tune the same time I did the headers. The two together made an INSANE power difference. The truck actually has balls now when you stomp on it. I also noticed a difference from about 17 mpg on the highway to 19-20. Unfortunately, I seldom enjoy that good of mileage because of the temptation the added power offers lol.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
great job on the truck.... nevermind that pm I sent. I see the sub box now.... that takes up a LOT of room under that seat!

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
great job on the truck.... nevermind that pm I sent. I see the sub box now.... that takes up a LOT of room under that seat!

Thanks! I went ahead and replied, but yes the box is very big. But it doesn't stick out from under the seat too much. I liked it over all.