My 1998 GMC 1500 Ext. Cab Stepside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silence*

Reaction score
Hey guys, new member here from Edmonton, Alberta, and I just saved this interesting 1500 from certain death. Basically a guy drove this here from Ontario a month or so ago, and bought a new car from my work. He was just gonna scrap this until one of our sales guys bought it to use as a farm truck. I jokingly said I'd give him $50 for it, he said yes and now its mine lol. I don't know what I'm gonna do with it yet, nor do I know a whole lot about GM trucks (I'm more a import tuner kinda guy) So any advice on this is accepted! Here's a little bit of info I know about it; It runs & drives great, has the 305 Vortech under the hood with 216,000km's, 2wd, 5 bolt hubs, 60/40 front bench (love it!), manual windows/locks/mirrors and it wasn't always a stepside as the PO put this box on it.

First order of business for me before I bring it home this weekend was to clean it up. Looked like the dude was living in this thing and never cleaned it. The interior was littered with dirt, garbage, clothes, smokes, dried chocolate milk, food, dishes etc... Thank god I have access to a steam cleaner, degreaser and air guns at work, as it took me around 8 Hours to get the interior up to *****. Enough yak, here's a few pictures.

You must be registered for see images attach

(That's my current DD, a '05 RSX that was just in an accident when a lady cut me off and slammed on her brakes while I was on vacation.)

Bringing her home this weekend to give it a look over to see what it needs mechanically and to start fixing things to ensure it'll pass a OOP. I already ripped off the front tint, need to fix the door locks and passenger side interior door handle, the headlight aim & the passenger side mirror. All I want to do for now is add interior carpet to make it look less like a basic work truck. If I decide to keep it a while, I'll redo the front tint, add rain visors, put in a bluetooth headunit and new speakers, add power windows, fix the dent in the one side and maybe plasti dip the truck if I can't respray it for cheap. Maybe get some nice wheels and drop it. Anyways, that's my intro and I'm looking forward to working on and learning about these trucks!