My 1997 Teal K1500 Build/Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey now, no offense taken. I was certain Vortec Lover meant well. He seems to have taken a liking (which is appreciated) to some of my mods.
According to the general statements on my dad's Jeff Foxworthy Day-to-Day calendar, a true "redneck" would have hot glued live rounds to the knobs, just in-case he was outta bullets and a Prius cut him off.
I'm in the process of adhering the .44 casings to the knobs and grinding down the protruding #209 primer on the 12g cap, right now.
I find this to be rather classy. Recreational shooting is actually a sport of wealth, as fine firearms cost what a blue collar man would call "a winning lotto ticket".
(just kidding) But actually... I prefer the term "Maroon Throated", so as to maintain political correctness.

Personally, I consider myself more Country-Western and hope to move out West to Wyoming to build my own log cabin and a wood-siding pole shed with enough GMT-400's to last me many lifetimes. Gots to have a SCLB w/ a 350 for hauling wood, and an exact replica of my current truck w/ a 305 in it for hauling ass. love the snap them 305's have. And a backyard shooting range. Enough bout my life plan. **** gonna be done before the end of the night. Thanks for the compliment VL!

Last edited:

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you do much shotgun shooting or are you mostly rifle?
The local trap club (5 minute drive away) is a bunch of old geezers who think the 50 year olds are still kids and don't know what they are talking about. Needless to say, young shooters aren't very welcome. I love shotguns (turkey hunting=favorite hunting), and I'm alright with em. I've taken up target shooting in our backyard. We have about 20 acres and can shoot 400 yards straight out back with a window open. We call it our "Indoor Shooting Range". Perfect for winter shooting, which IMO, is the best target shooting there is. Nice an cozy inside.

Huh. Reckon I didn't answer your question. Mostly rifle. Primarily .22's.

hawkeyez71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Were lucky enough to have a school shot team and the local range really works with us so me and a couple of the other guys on here do a ton of ***** and sporting
Edit- Really like the CB idea!

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Were lucky enough to have a school shot team and the local range really works with us so me and a couple of the other guys on here do a ton of ***** and sporting

You are quite lucky. We had one at our school my freshman year but I never signed up (woulda, coulda, shoulda) and the guy who ran the club moved to a different school the next year.
Even though if you take five steps outside of our city and throw a rock you'll hit either a cow or a ginseng field, our school isn't very rural supportive to begin with. I had to sneak around the metals shoppe at school just to use the drill press for my CB radio project, cause God forbid someone see's an empty 12g hull in my hand, it means I'm gonna riddle the place with lead.

EDIT: Didn't feel like waking people up on this post just for them to read that I have finished the CB radio project, which was a ******* child of another ammunition brass related mod for my truck. I'm not gonna bother posting a picture just because it literally looks the same as the one I have already put on this thread. It looks nice, and according to those who have seen it in person, it suits me very well. Back to the interior shotshell LED's!

Last edited:

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my shotshell lights (the actual housing seen below) wired up and glued. Still waiting for the excess epoxy to dry (gonna spend $$ on quick-dry clear epoxy next time. or LED bezels.) Doesn't look as nice and clean as I wanted, but hey, I'm 17 and I haven't had enough time behind me to know some of the tricks. Total PITA trying to get the LED's to settle proper with the epoxy I used. Didn't think that a LED bezel would look very nice on the shotshell, but the more I think about it, I could just buy brass/gold spray paint, paint the bezel and it'd at least blend in and the LED would be square.
111851[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Gonna put it here
111853[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Haven't installed it in my visor shelf yet, too cold outside and no room in the garage. Maybe tomorrow or tuesday I'll put it in. I'm kinda thinking I'll redo the housing, to make it more clean looking, seeing as its gonna be interior. And interior needs to look neat and tidy. But we'll see when it gets put in. Can't wait to wire it up though, love doing that! (this was my first time soldering and wiring component LED's and I'd like to think I did a pretty good job of it!) Probably will post a pic of the housing lit up later.

Attachments

• 101_0388_zps1058a63b.jpg
    101_0388_zps1058a63b.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 101_0337_zpsed8865ea.jpg
    101_0337_zpsed8865ea.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1