My 1995 3500 cclb 454 dually.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DoubleDirtyC

Reaction score
1995 3500 cclb...blue lagoon build thread

I thought I would start a new tread on my new to me truck. I got a lot of plans I love the old work horse trucks. Seems like an excellent site with lots of very knowledgable folks. I do all my own work as well ;)

About the truck. Bought from a good family friend originally a camper truck from British Columbia. The truck has surface rust under ninth but that is nothing it sat for 2 years befor I got my hands on it. So on to some specs

1995 chevy k3500 drw
454 tbi 4l80e transmission 286,000kms
Cclb
10000lb gvw
4.10 gears
G80 rear end
Originally a camper truck
All power options
Ac
Blue on blue
Tinted rear windows
Rhino liner in box

Done since I owned it so far "only owned it for a month"

Oil filter adapter o ring changed
6000k hids in low beams
New starter
New front to rear brake line
Front pads and rotors "that was a job lol"
Oil filter and oil change
New pioneer CD player
New pioneer front speakers
Took off roof visor
Took off running boards
Took off pin stripe
Cranked up torsion bars

Future planes include
Fix power stearing leak
Put regular mirrors on it
Get rid of flaking Crome grill and get black one
Get new headlight switch "no dome lights"
Get front windows tinted
Tounocover
Srw conversion with gmt800 rear end and disc brakes
Optima red top battery
Lift kit six inch or around there
Rims and tires

And so one and so fourth lol on to the pics dark pic is first day I got it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

DoubleDirtyC

Reaction score
Anybody have any helpful advise for me I am gonna takle the drw to srw conversion but it seems that it has only been documented a few times sooooo. I know I gotta get a new rear axel that meets my critia i.e. 8 lug 4.10 gears and decent all around shape. I gotta remove the hub adapters on the front. But that's all I got? Do I gotta get a new box? How big is the hole in mine once I take off the dually flares? Also gotta fine a set of 8 bolt wheels any info would be much apricoated thanks.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We had a broken fender on ours and with the fender removed there were a bunch of holes where the fender attaches and of course it looked like crud. I could be wrong but I think that the holes could be covered by a set of factory flares. Ditch the hub adapters and drop in a SRW axle and you should be good to go. I don't know the wheel mount surface measurements of the DRW or the SRW axles but you might be able to get away with a set of spacers. Why do you want to change?

DoubleDirtyC

Reaction score
I just prefer the more lifted off-road capable truck style as compared to the dually. It surves a purpose for sure just not the right purpose for me I pretty much bought the truck with the I tension of converting over

DoubleDirtyC

Reaction score
If anyone with any experience in this Matter could chime in or possibly find a thread with some info in another thread it would be much appreciated. I would love to be able to keep my box and rear end that would be excellent and very cost effective

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
:welcome:

For the time being, could you not remove the dually adapters and just run a regular 8 lug wheel on the rear?

The front to rear track width might be off, but i would think there wouldn't be any other issues :shrug:

Blaine Davies

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:welcome:

For the time being, could you not remove the dually adapters and just run a regular 8 lug wheel on the rear?

The front to rear track width might be off, but i would think there wouldn't be any other issues :shrug:

Is it really that easy!?? :shrug: IDK if the width of the axles are any different, if the dually axle is wider then the rear tires would literally just chill outside the fenders! Would probably be reasonably Bad A$$ though!