my 1994 silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybcr783

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, so hear me out. I got this new maverick "compact truck" daily driver and find this pic from another maverick owner that also owns a 97 silverado. I kept saying this new truck I have is very roomy inside for a compact truck, but after seeing this pic on the interwebs, now I'm thinking oh my how full size trucks have grown. A co worker of mine has a brand new GMC 1/2 ton and it dwarfs my new truck, but it also dwarfs my old Silverado too when I drive that to work. I guess todays compact is yesterday's full size lol
Nice Maverick. Yeah it is crazy how much innovation has come to new cars, for example, my mom has a 2017 Chevy Tahoe that has the same towing capacity as my 8 lug C2500 which I thought was crazy. I believe it comes with a 5.3 paired to a 6L80-E which gets about 21 mpg on average. It's a great car and has taken my family all over the country, but recently the transmission went out about a week ago with 155,000 miles on it, and it was a pretty penny to replace too.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Nice Maverick. Yeah it is crazy how much innovation has come to new cars, for example, my mom has a 2017 Chevy Tahoe that has the same towing capacity as my 8 lug C2500 which I thought was crazy. I believe it comes with a 5.3 paired to a 6L80-E which gets about 21 mpg on average. It's a great car and has taken my family all over the country, but recently the transmission went out about a week ago with 155,000 miles on it, and it was a pretty penny to replace too.
Yup all that innovation DOES come with a big price tag! One of my friends has a '19 Suburban; it's great to ride in but he's had the transmission replaced at about that mileage. He'd just had it back a few weeks when he got hit in June, then he didn't get it back for around a month. He tows with it, and I can tell the 5.3 is strained when he's pulling his trailer.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
A couple years ago we parked the Burb next to a new Ranger at Sam's Club; it was virtually the same size....
This also works in reverse. Our " older" members will remember the huge, bigger-than-Rawhide, 70s fullsize cars, and then in the later 70s cars started to downsize. The '77 Impala/Caprice being the same size as the Malibu that year(the midsize GM cars got shrunk the next year), for example....

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gas crunch caused the downsizing. Chrysler was the worst with the mid 1970s luxobarges. The tech too. My new maverick has 250hp out of a 2.0L turbo 4 banger, and a tow pak that can tug 4,000 lbs. Bed can take up to 1,500 lbs. Long highway trips I have recorded 36 mpg. Locally a combined city highway of 25 mpg. Its comfortable, and quiet inside. I use about 14 gallons of gas every 2 weeks with my commute, and running around when off shift. Much better than 32 gallons every 2 weeks with my sikverado. After a long day of dealing with clowns at work, the quiet interior makes for a pleasant drive home. The price wasnt that bad for an AWD XLT with tow pak. $28k out the door with tax. Then again my silverado was $18,500 out the door almost 30 years ago lol

Last edited:

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The pic was just one i found off the net. Heres a pic of mine with some bolt ons and different wheels.

Attachments

• Resized_forummav.jpeg
    Resized_forummav.jpeg
    835.3 KB · Views: 16

tybcr783

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gas crunch caused the downsizing. Chrysler was the worst with the mid 1970s luxobarges. The tech too. My new maverick has 250hp out of a 2.0L turbo 4 banger, and a tow pak that can tug 4,000 lbs. Bed can take up to 1,500 lbs. Long highway trips I have recorded 36 mpg. Locally a combined city highway of 25 mpg. Its comfortable, and quiet inside. I use about 14 gallons of gas every 2 weeks with my commute, and running around when off shift. Much better than 32 gallons every 2 weeks with my sikverado. After a long day of dealing with clowns at work, the quiet interior makes for a pleasant drive home. The price wasnt that bad for an AWD XLT with tow pak. $28k out the door with tax. Then again my silverado was $18,500 out the door almost 30 years ago lol
WOW genuinely surprises me that a truck would ever get anything better 30mpg, the price is also great in relation to today's economy

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
WOW genuinely surprises me that a truck would ever get anything better 30mpg, the price is also great in relation to today's economy
That's why I jumped on it. It was the right vehicle for my needs as a daily driver at the right time, plus its damn quick for what it is. My aging daily driver chevy HHR 5 speed wagon I bought new 16 years ago was getting a bit rough. I still have it as a spare vehicle though.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Un Effing real. We have not had this car even 1 year yet, and a hit and run driver blows through a red light and catches my wifes right front with his rear bumper. Now I got to go deal with the insurance company again on my first day off wednesday. What a way to start my weekend. Allstate has accident forgiveness, however when Grace swiped the keys and took & wrecked it twice that kinda killed that deal. My insurance already went up $100 a month from that B.S. My wife cant drive the car like this. Its gotta get fixed. So much for that $27 replacement headlight bulb I just put in 2 weeks ago. It's gone. Well it's looking like a bumper cover, headlight, and a fender. The sheetmetal mount holding the fender onto the upper inner fender is pulled out. Hood is undamaged. Ditto for the passenger door. It doesnt open. I honestly have no luck at all.

Attachments

• 20231106_183255.jpg
    20231106_183255.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20231106_183302.jpg
    20231106_183302.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Again I cant seem to get ahead for $hit. This is gonna cost me another $500 deductible to fix. I was selling my scrap trailer to a guy i work with for $500 to be able to finish up the sun porch and buy tile to do the one bathroom to actually finish it. Well I guess that's gonna go to another car repair job. For now I need to get pix of everything for Allstate. I should be a pro at this by now, after that I will unbolt and remove the fender.