My 1992 Silvy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Emil

Reaction score
Figured I'd start a thread of my own. I picked up the truck on Christmas Eve for $800. Too good of an offer to pass up and a GREAT Christmas present to myself. When I first got the truck it didnt have a tail gate or rear bumper from a 5th wheel that was on it. They kept the toolbox that was in the bed and took out the system that was in it leaving me with just the dash speakers that were blown. The previous owner decided he wanted a black truck so he took a paint brush over the original blue paint. While it may have looked somewhat decent for the first few weeks now its black and blue lol. Other than a couple minor dings behind the driver on the cab the body is in overall great shape. The only leak it has is from the power steering reservoir which I'll be taking care of in the next few weeks. The first week I had the truck I had to replace the starter and alternator. Quick easy and painless except it was cold and windy and I had to change it all after work at about 8 at night. I've replaced the upper and lower ball joins as well as the inner and outter tierods. I'll be replacing the shocks here in the next few weeks as well. I spent about $100 for a decent little system as well. Nothing fancy but sure beats the hell out of having just the dash speakers. I picked up a used toolbox for $50 so now my backseat is a back seat again and not a tool collector. I got a rear bumper from craigslist for $30 as well. I went to the junkyard to help a friend get a rear window for her mustang. In return she bought me a tail gate for the truck for about $30. It came off a sierra, green in color but slapped on with no problems. Probably just going to spray paint it to somewhat match the trucks color as it is. I spent about $75 on some new headlights as well. Nothing super flashy or ricy but I can see easily 50 times better at night. I will get some more pics soon though. For now just 3 of them to share. The first is when I first got it. I have some cheap replacement tires on the front of the truck until I get the money to put some decent 33's back on it. It slowly coming together and I'm really happy overall with how well it runs and the progression its seeing. I took off the fog lights that really didnt help much anyways after I put the new headlights on. Lots of future plans for it as well.

You must be registered for see images attach

It sure aint the prettiest truck but its mine. I eventually want to put a 6" lift on it, bump up to a set of 35's. and of course get it painted the right way keeping it black.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like a great investment, 800s nothing and has a lot of potential. Is it bl'ed

Emil

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Thats where you guys come in of course. It's going to be a while before I can afford to lift it anyways. I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I'm not a know it all but I'm a wrench turner now for bout 16 years and I'll be pokin around for advice here and there. A few weeks ago I took it up to atlanta to see my kids. It ran great the entire trip. If I figured it out right I got about 15-16mpg.

Previous owner said it has a 3" bl on it btw

Last edited:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
i woulda bought it for 800 2 good deal man