Muffler suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Right now I'm running Flowmaster mufflers,

Part Number 524554
Product Type Street Mufflers-Super 50 Series SUV
Description Super 50 SUV Muffler - 2.25 Dual IN / 2.25 Dual OUT - Moderate Sound
Muffler Series Super 50 Series SUV
Muffler Size 17.00'' x 10.00'' x 5.00''

Would like something louder, deeper tone..........any suggestions?

freightshaker203

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got the thrush welded 3" in and single 3" out i had it dumped under the bed was loud and mean..now its piped out the back its quieter insider but still very aggressive sounding my 150hp sounds like 400 lol

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I've got true dual 2.25" pipes, no cats, with flo-pros dumped under the cab, open outlet, no turn downs.

The revs sound so throaty and if you hit it harder it makes a cool popping sound when you let off.

Which reminds me, I still need to make a video.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Its hard to get both louder and deeper, but I think your best bet is the Thrush welded. My buddy had those on his truck and it was the best sounding truck I have ever heard. Super deep and pretty loud too. He switched to borlas and those sounded just as good too, but they're about 3x as much $$$

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got the SI/SO Thrush welded and I like it. Even sounded good with the stock manifolds and cat...but better now with the headers.

narizon

Reaction score
I replaced a 20" Magnaflow with a Thrush #17660 3" in 3" out & it sounds fantastic (to me).Great idle & very agressive when gas peddle gets beat on.The Magnaflow had a good sound but no were close to my Thrush Welded.You could barely here it idle & only loud/deep through 1800-2500 PRM.
Some out their knock on these Thrushes but to each his own.Give it a shot,i know you'll like it.

Here's a morning vid I made in 03/2010,just got it back from the muffler shop day before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9fDsazXDU

turn up the volume = big smile