MPFI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you having trouble with the poppets? I ask because I replaced my poppets with a new mpfi set up after people here claimed that it would be a big difference. There was absolutely no difference.

If your poppets are still working fine, it is a waste of money.

My 97 ate its OEM spider in 2004 with 52K on the odometer. Ran smoother and had more power after the upgrade. Upgraded my brothers 99 Suburban during an engine swap. No before and after on that one because bought it with a blown up engine, but I bet it ran terrible because on of the tubes was snapped in half.

clgodwin79

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t buy any of those off brand ones! Maybe they’ll work, and maybe they won’t. Read the reviews. You have about a 50/50 chance of them working.

Unfortunately they discontinued the ACDELCO/Delphi OE GM part.

But……..there’s a place that remanufactures them. I literally got mine a week ago and you can buy it through Amazon without a core charge even though it would require a core through their actual website.

So mine is a refurbished OE one with Delphi injectors and a GM plastic body.

Here’s the link. MPFI Spider

And a few pics of mine….

You must be registered for see images attach

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Linky no worky...
Try this one

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 97 ate its OEM spider in 2004 with 52K on the odometer. Ran smoother and had more power after the upgrade. Upgraded my brothers 99 Suburban during an engine swap. No before and after on that one because bought it with a blown up engine, but I bet it ran terrible because on of the tubes was snapped in half.
52k - that sucks. Mine had 217K, and still worked fine.

Off topic, but - you had stated in another thread that you were switching your van rear gears to 5.13, hoping to use 4th gear better while towing. Did that work out as you had hoped?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
52k - that sucks. Mine had 217K, and still worked fine.

Off topic, but - you had stated in another thread that you were switching your van rear gears to 5.13, hoping to use 4th gear better while towing. Did that work out as you had hoped?
Works great and lots of get up and go unloaded. Probably could have gotten away with less gear with the new 383 though. 383 makes a ton of grunt even down in the 2,000-2,500 rpm range.