MPFI conversion all the way down?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whytry

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey all,

I am swapping my blown 5.7 for another junk yard motor and decided to do this conversion. I got the old setup out and this one in, but the upper intake manifold isn't seating down all the way. I'm sure I could tighten the bolts to get it all the way down, but since the intake is plastic I don't want to break it and since the parts are brand new don't want to mess something up. They injectors seem to be seated all the way but here's what I'm talking about. Any help would be appreciated!!

Thx,

You must be registered for see images attach

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have the injector tube routings correct? Some go over the others. See diagram below. Also, the electrical connectors should be facing inside toward the center of the manifold.

When I did mine, I remember the intake didn't naturally rest flat against the lower intake. Your photos look familiar, in other words. It seated fine once torqued, but I did worry that I was smashing the injector tubes down. I didn't have to go completely animal on it to get it to seat, though.

I think you're fine if the tube routing and connector orientations are correct. It was a tight fit, but a definite improvement over the OEM injectors.

Here are the directions that came with the Delco injectors that I used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

drtyTshrt

Reaction score
Also oil the ring gasket that goes around the MPI. It helps it slip down better.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I had to convince mine a little with a dead blow. A few soft taps. That little ring gasket makes it a bugger to seat.

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit