motor clean up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea sorry man can't help ya then.

As for the other guy drop base will NOT fit or work period, flat base will NOT fit, I had to have a RAISED base from summit. Where the actual part that lays on the tbi unit it lower then the outside base where the air cleaner goes. So it raises the air cleaner off the tbi about 3/4 or so.

As for hitting the hose, well it still should work, fastorange had a straight up style water neck, but if not get a smaller air cleaner, run a 13 or 12 or whatever if you still want one.

Now it may be harder to find a raised base with the smaller air cleaner, but a flat base might work not sure. Flat base on mine hit the tps plugin, but some have a raised section made in them to clear like my summit base, mine kept hitting the coil, even with the raised base, but a smaller dia. air cleaner might solve that issue too.

Or just leave the factory ring on it and get a long air cleaner stud.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what cap? dist. cap? you got a v6 or a v8? that could be why it hits.

Mines a v8 and it only hit the coil and a flat base would not work for me.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yep that is exactly why it hits, if you had a v8 it would not. You need a smaller air cleaner, not sure what size. maybe 10 or so?