More TBI power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mik2500

Reaction score
my daily needsmore power and honestly i have always ditched tbi inmy other trucks and went to carb for power but this is a daily not my toy and i want to keep it with fuel injection for driveability i dont need a dyno number i want a set of the pants type thing. I was thinking about vortec heads a comp cam 12-388-4 a performer intake with adaptor headmen long tubes and a custom built (by me) exhasut 2.5" - flowmaster Y to 3.5" flow and a custom tune from tbi chips am I missing anything? I am in michigan and dont need the egr not really worried about mileage but would like to at least get 10-12 so what do you guys think .... are the guys from tbi chips on here? if so maybe you can chime in and help me along

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you could get 10-12 mpg with a carb setup if not more. All the work sounds good to me, vortec heads, and intake to match them, cam and exhaust and such, then of course with the cam and stuff you have to have the tune. Maybe a low temp t-stat setup, and do away with the smog crap as you said since no emissions or inspection for it. My question would be why do a y pipe and singles why not just do duals it would be easy and simple with long tubes, and if you don't need emissions you could probably get by with no cats.

Might look into plugs, wires, distributor, rotor, and coil upgrades.

mik2500

Reaction score
i dont like how the duals sound on these style trucks really alot of cackle with tail pipes and i think that a sgle will scavenge better and help with some torque

mik2500

Reaction score
and i really dont want to go carb i think driveability of the tbi is better thanks for the reply

mik2500

Reaction score
i dont want to argue but i have had every type of muffler under my other tbi trucks with tail pipes and they all crackle i have had flows glass packs magnaflow flopro thrush turbo thrush chambered borla ..... i have spent alot of money trying to get the sound right and single exhaust with flowmaster seems the best .... for me that is