Mirror painting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SC_Chevy

Reaction score
Have any of y'all painted the stock mirrors of the late 90 models to match the truck? Or resprayed back to factory black?

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just painted mine last summer and paint mirrors all the time. Smooth mirrors I sand with 400 grit textured mirrors with a red scoch brite pad. Then a couple coats of plastic adhesive promoter and paint.

SC_Chevy

Reaction score
Just painted mine last summer and paint mirrors all the time. Smooth mirrors I sand with 400 grit textured mirrors with a red scoch brite pad. Then a couple coats of plastic adhesive promoter and paint.
Did you go back black or Match your paint? And if you have picture post them please!

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I painted mine silver along with my HD door handles. I painted the truck a light color and felt the black was to much contrast for me. Painted with base/clear They match the grill and close to the rack color
You must be registered for see images attach

mikwallace

Reaction score
sanded mine and used Rustoleum flat black over rustoleum red primer. Sprayed it using a cheap HVLP Harbor Freight spray gun. Worked great, looks great!