Mean Green/VH Coachworks....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Gonna bump this up simply to make a request...does anyone have his full name and/or his address? I did have it on a box long ago but that was tossed long before this mess started. I am thinking of doing the same thing Al did to try to get his Calender mess resolved...

Baron's last name is VanHeel and he lives (at least used to) in Grey Eagle, MN.

Edit: Looks like I'm late to the party. Whoops.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Better late than never! Purefection got his info a couple days ago and Chris is making use of it now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
If you guys would like to discuss this in a more private place, join the Anti-Trolls. It's accepted members only. http://www.gmt400.com/forum/group.php?groupid=27

This is where we keep logs of personal information about a lot of members that have screwed others, or caused problems on here. Posting a thread about Baron in there would allow those involved with trying to get in touch with him to see the discussed information, without letting Baron just see the information at the same time.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Time to set the record straight. I read through this thread and there is a ton of wildly inaccurate assumptions and blatant lies.

First off, I came back on this forum after an extended absence in February or march of this year with a 100% honest explanation of why I was gone.

I always enjoyed being on the forum and posting where I could help and bullting with the members; some of which that I considered to be friends. Whether it be doing photo shops for countless members or posting articles and making tech posts for those of which they would help. As well as selling products to the members as well.

Life changes, and I got a lot busier. Fast forward a month or two, come back on and lot of members hopped on the "mean green is a fraud" bandwagon. Which really offended me, because one thing I hate more than anything is Thief's, cheaters, and liers. And I bent over backwards helping everyone of my customers and non customers however I possibly could and now because of one bad rep I'm such a bad person? Thanks.

Was I always the fastest at getting product out? No, I was backed up 90% of the time. Did everyone always get their order? Yes. There are hundreds of people that can attest to the fact that the product they received was excellent quality, I never claimed to be the fastest; what I did have to offer was a quality product and customer service that was second to none.

As for where the problem with Chris started, let's clear the air. When Chris placed his order, it was for two custom pieces; originally. And I had told Chris from the get go that it would take a bit of time being it was a custom order (Chris, correct?). And it took a while longer than expected to get started on the project, however Chris had changed his mind on what he wanted done quite a few times (again, correct me if I'm wrong Chris). And I went along with the changes, because it was taking me longer than anticipated to get to it, so I was trying to accommodating.
Then Chris's project kind of went on the back burner for a few months, and then he had contacted me about it asking what's going on. So then we have another change in direction, and application. At that point I had the original concept 90% finished, but I did not say that because I wanted to try and make him happy and accommodate the new change for one of the pieces for which was now for a trailblazer he had acquired. And then iirc Chris had changed his mind about what he wanted to do with the trailblazer (correct me if I'm wrong Chris, I can't recall for 100% sure)

Anyways, it was to the point where I just said to myself I'll get to it when I can so I only have to build it once and not redo it over again. Then life got busier, and I honestly had forgotten about it for a few months and that brings us to winter 2013/14. Which I'm not going to go into again.

The point is, I NEVER had ANY intention of screwing Chris over. And honestly, I'd still build whatever he wants for the $300 payment he made or refund him. BUT trying to bully me, or threatening me will get nobody anywhere. I want to rectify the situation, but not by getting threatened.

Do I owe Chris $300? yes. I'm absolutely guilty of that. Have I "f**ked over" anyone? Absolutely not. Have i "scammed" anyone out a
Of a single penny? Absolutely not.

Tyler (tylerz28) how can you possibly say that I "jipped" you out of anything? I built you a HD Headlight Harness, a big 3 kit, And a ground strap kit. All of which worked flawlessly when they where bench tested here before being shipped to you. Your truck had had electrical gremlins from the previous owner before you, and I had even spent a few hours on the phone with you trying to help you figure them out.

What you neglected to mention was that you had someone else go inside the harness and change the wiring (what, I forget to be honest). Does any of you know any parts supplier that will take a return of an altered electronic part? No.

So I stopped coming on the forum, it was no longer an enjoyable place to spend the little freetime that I have. I have enough stress in my life the way it is, I don't need more by coming on here after a hard days work to get harassed.

I shut down the ecomerce side of the business months ago. The whole point of doing that aspect of it wasn't about the money, I originally did it because I enjoyed helping you guys and supplying a product that fixed a problem that plagued these trucks. 3 years later, life changed and it no longer made sense to continue producing the harness and various other products, as the time and effort spent on them was better suit else wear. It was never about the money, it was about my customers, the members, you guys.

There is a handful of people that weren't satisfied with our transaction. BUT there are also THOUSANDS of people that couldn't of been happier with the product and service. And to not take that into account when judging me, is simply not fair. Like I said, I legitly cared about my customers. And that meant taking phone calls at 2 in the morning to help the guy on the west coast that had issues, or getting a few hours less sleep after a 15 hour day to get a product to a guy that needed it to get his truck back on the road for a camping trip with his family by the weekend.

I'm not a bad person, and to read all these supposed things about me that aren't true; hurts. Ban me off the forum if you want, talk about how "bad" i am all that you want, play kick baron he's not around to defend himself. At the end of the day, I know who I am. And I think that a large percentage of you know the person that I am to. So if you feel the need to ban me, go ahead. If that's how it is, this is no longer the place that I thought it was.

Baron

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Time to set the record straight. I read through this thread and there is a ton of wildly inaccurate assumptions and blatant lies.

First off, I came back on this forum after an extended absence in February or march of this year with a 100% honest explanation of why I was gone.

I always enjoyed being on the forum and posting where I could help and bullting with the members; some of which that I considered to be friends. Whether it be doing photo shops for countless members or posting articles and making tech posts for those of which they would help. As well as selling products to the members as well.

Life changes, and I got a lot busier. Fast forward a month or two, come back on and lot of members hopped on the "mean green is a fraud" bandwagon. Which really offended me, because one thing I hate more than anything is Thief's, cheaters, and liers. And I bent over backwards helping everyone of my customers and non customers however I possibly could and now because of one bad rep I'm such a bad person? Thanks.

Was I always the fastest at getting product out? No, I was backed up 90% of the time. Did everyone always get their order? Yes. There are hundreds of people that can attest to the fact that the product they received was excellent quality, I never claimed to be the fastest; what I did have to offer was a quality product and customer service that was second to none.

As for where the problem with Chris started, let's clear the air. When Chris placed his order, it was for two custom pieces; originally. And I had told Chris from the get go that it would take a bit of time being it was a custom order (Chris, correct?). And it took a while longer than expected to get started on the project, however Chris had changed his mind on what he wanted done quite a few times (again, correct me if I'm wrong Chris). And I went along with the changes, because it was taking me longer than anticipated to get to it, so I was trying to accommodating.
Then Chris's project kind of went on the back burner for a few months, and then he had contacted me about it asking what's going on. So then we have another change in direction, and application. At that point I had the original concept 90% finished, but I did not say that because I wanted to try and make him happy and accommodate the new change for one of the pieces for which was now for a trailblazer he had acquired. And then iirc Chris had changed his mind about what he wanted to do with the trailblazer (correct me if I'm wrong Chris, I can't recall for 100% sure)

Anyways, it was to the point where I just said to myself I'll get to it when I can so I only have to build it once and not redo it over again. Then life got busier, and I honestly had forgotten about it for a few months and that brings us to winter 2013/14. Which I'm not going to go into again.

The point is, I NEVER had ANY intention of screwing Chris over. And honestly, I'd still build whatever he wants for the $300 payment he made or refund him. BUT trying to bully me, or threatening me will get nobody anywhere. I want to rectify the situation, but not by getting threatened.

Do I owe Chris $300? yes. I'm absolutely guilty of that. Have I "f**ked over" anyone? Absolutely not. Have i "scammed" anyone out a

Tyler (tylerz28) how can you possibly say that I "jipped" you out of anything? I built you a HD Headlight Harness, a big 3 kit, And a ground strap kit. All of which worked flawlessly when they where bench tested here before being shipped to you. Your truck had had electrical gremlins from the previous owner before you, and I had even spent a few hours on the phone with you trying to help you figure them out.

What you neglected to mention was that you had someone else go inside the harness and change the wiring (what, I forget to be honest). Does any of you know any parts supplier that will take a return of an altered electronic part? No.

So I stopped coming on the forum, it was no longer an enjoyable place to spend the little freetime that I have. I have enough stress in my life the way it is, I don't need more by coming on here after a hard days work to get harassed.

I shut down the ecomerce side of the business months ago. The whole point of doing that aspect of it wasn't about the money, I originally did it because I enjoyed helping you guys and supplying a product that fixed a problem that plagued these trucks. 3 years later, life changed and it no longer made sense to continue producing the harness and various other products, as the time and effort spent on them was better suit else wear. It was never about the money, it was about my customers, the members, you guys.

There is a handful of people that weren't satisfied with our transaction. BUT there are also THOUSANDS of people that couldn't of been happier with the product and service. And to not take that into account when judging me, is simply not fair. Like I said, I legitly cared about my customers. And that meant taking phone calls at 2 in the morning to help the guy on the west coast that had issues, or getting a few hours less sleep after a 15 hour day to get a product to a guy that needed it to get his truck back on the road for a camping trip with his family by the weekend.

I'm not a bad person, and to read all these supposed things about me that aren't true; hurts. Ban me off the forum if you want, talk about how "bad" i am all that you want, play kick baron he's not around to defend himself. At the end of the day, I know who I am. And I think that a large percentage of you know the person that I am to. So if you feel the need to ban me, go ahead. If that's how it is, this is no longer the place that I thought it was.

Baron

Legit post, and I think your point of view is fair.

I think if you made right with Chris (and whoever else you may owe), then it should end here for everyone. The treatment your getting I don't think is deserved - any company out there gets bad rep, people have bad experience, thus is business. Sometimes mistakes are made, we are human after all. Its what we choose to do by those mistakes, that make us who we are.

Honestly, I would hate to see you, or any other long time member here, be banned or feel the need to leave these forums. Great people are far and few between. Bridges can be mended.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I vote ban him of course Chris changed his order because he didn't have the same vehicle after the years it took to get his product why would he want somthing for a vehicle he no longer had. There is more than k e person on this forum and others and on facebook that have nothing but bad to say about Baron. He says he'll refund the $300 but as we all know Chris has been trying every which way to get a hold of this guy forever and he cut off all contact with any previous customers and screens his calls to make sure Noone can make him feel guilty or at least get to voice thier anger with him. There's some of that second to none customer service and customer care he speaks of! What a joke! He came back in February or whenever because he must have been low on money scammed a few more people and disappeared again till today to make um some huge long page of excuses I'm sorry but I'm not buying it and I hope Noone else does either imo he's nothing but a scam artist

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My stance will not change until I hear from Chris that he either got a full refund, partial refund and what was completed or all the parts he wants are completed.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score

Baron
Ok, now that I have had a moment to read through this a couple times. Baron please see the first post of this thread for the timeline as I recall it. The only thing related to the trailblazer was the wireless remote control for lights. I know we did discuss a few running wiring changes on the panel for rehab to have a master shut down for the entire panel. The only other major change I recall is using one of the marine alarm housings to make a console insert for Vegas after I traded Rehab off so I could use the completed panel that was ment for rehab in Vegas as well. As of last contact in august of last year you stated you just had to do some painting on this larger panel and items would have been sent out soon after.
Legit post, and I think your point of view is fair.

I think if you made right with Chris (and whoever else you may owe), then it should end here for everyone. The treatment your getting I don't think is deserved - any company out there gets bad rep, people have bad experience, thus is business. Sometimes mistakes are made, we are human after all. Its what we choose to do by those mistakes, that make us who we are.

Honestly, I would hate to see you, or any other long time member here, be banned or feel the need to leave these forums. Great people are far and few between. Bridges can be mended.
I agree with the above post
I vote ban him of course Chris changed his order because he didn't have the same vehicle after the years it took to get his product why would he want somthing for a vehicle he no longer had. There is more than k e person on this forum and others and on facebook that have nothing but bad to say about Baron. He says he'll refund the $300 but as we all know Chris has been trying every which way to get a hold of this guy forever and he cut off all contact with any previous customers and screens his calls to make sure Noone can make him feel guilty or at least get to voice thier anger with him. There's some of that second to none customer service and customer care he speaks of! What a joke! He came back in February or whenever because he must have been low on money scammed a few more people and disappeared again till today to make um some huge long page of excuses I'm sorry but I'm not buying it and I hope Noone else does either imo he's nothing but a scam artist
Once again agree...though at one point I would have said banning would have been overkill...

Ultimately ideal solution would be partial refund and sending the items that were completed and the parts that were ordered to finish the project, I can sort out how to finish it myself.

Lmk your thoughts on this Baron.

Status
Not open for further replies.