Manual to power conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phantom 309

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I,m trying to convert my daughters truck to power windows and power door locks,.

Can anyone tell me how many wires need to cross over from drivers side to pass?
I hooked up tahoe door switch to pass side,. window goes down fine by the switch, but won't go up unless i reverse the dark blue and light blue,. Dark blue being power, light blue being ground,.
Is the polarity switching in the switches them selves? May be I just have a bum switch,. ?
I can't get the door locks to work either,. does the truck need some sort of relay?
I got the doors with the wires sliced off where they go thru the accordion rubber
I can sort the white/orange for courtesy and door switch lights.
I thought this would all be simple,. power to each switch and ground to each switch, with 4 wires crossing over for the master to run door locks and window on pass side,.

Thanks to any one that can help

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The switches are all the same, they're just wired differently - at least on my 88. 5 wires to each switch.
You must be registered for see images attach

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's what the door locks look like.
You must be registered for see images attach

phantom 309

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks peter,..

I,m wiring challenged tho,. i don't really understand wiring diagrams very well,.
The wiring is different than what you posted,.( i think) It seems everybody has done this swap,. but nobody telles how many or which =color wires should go where,. and i think i have a bad switch,.

I,ve given up till i can find the info i need,. i just put the manual door crank back in the drivers side for the time being,. truck will be going into storage in another month,. i,m hoping to get it sorted by then,.