Manual-Swap 96 V6 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ronin Lindsey

Reaction score
I have a 96 4.3 V6 2wd with a 4-speed automatic. I am wanting to Manual-swap it. How hard would that be? Cost? Computer Flash? I need help!! Thank you!

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think your easiest rt. would be a donor truck and swap what you need. It is usually cheaper to buy a whole parts truck on C-list than deal with salvage yards. Unless you have a you pick yard . Around here you have to pay to even look in the yard and they don't let you pull anything yourself.

Ronin Lindsey

Reaction score
I think your easiest rt. would be a donor truck and swap what you need. It is usually cheaper to buy a whole parts truck on C-list than deal with salvage yards. Unless you have a you pick yard . Around here you have to pay to even look in the yard and they don't let you pull anything yourself.

Do you know what exactly I'll need? Will I need to reflash the engine?

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am not sure of that I am a hammer and wrench mechanic computer controls I stay clear of.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ronin Lindsey

Reaction score
Definitely not the easiest thing in the world, but not the hardest either.

Depends on which transmission you're swapping to, and therefore how much other stuff you'll have to change, like driveshaft length.

Yes.

I am just wanting to swap to the stock Chevy 5-speed. nothing fancy. I just prefer standard.