Maintenance Items...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would do a seafoam treatment if you havent done one in a while. Its great for removing carbon buildup which happens alot more to babied engines or ones that dont get ran long enough to reach operating temp. Introduce it to your intake via the brake booster hose.

sgtpoliteness

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I'm on Tapatalk and can't see anyone's signatures. Is the truck '96 and up? If so it has post cat O2 sensors and will have cat monitoring. You should be able to find the measuring block in a scan tool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sgtpoliteness

Reaction score
Sorry, sent too early. There's a voltage spec for a good, functioning cat.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I'm on Tapatalk and can't see anyone's signatures. Is the truck '96 and up? If so it has post cat O2 sensors and will have cat monitoring. You should be able to find the measuring block in a scan tool

All the post O2 sensors do is verify that the cat is functioning. It won't effect how it runs just whether it sets a check engine light.

sgtpoliteness

Reaction score
All the post O2 sensors do is verify that the cat is functioning. It won't effect how it runs just whether it sets a check engine light.

That's exactly what I was getting at. People were asking about how the cats are and if maybe the OP should replace them. You can use the rear O2 sensors as a tool to check on cat efficiency.