Mad Dog Trans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
Post up there number and a name and we can all call and flame them until they make it right for our member. I will call daily and leave messages. OP what is your name so I have reference?

Just a thought...

They've been flamed for years on every internet forum imaginable. Still hasn't done any good.

AJKZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They told me it was cracked during installation. Then they told me we it could have happened during shipping. Elliot was the guys name he said I have to pay to send it back to their shop and they will take everything out and put it in a new casing. Or I can just have it welded. What would you guys do? I'm leaning towards sending it back in

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Send it back, I wouldn't trust a welded case if its your daily....

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sure looks like a fresh crack though. was it painted? I would sure look at your bolt length when you get it out.

AJKZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I sent it out on Friday to let them deal with it. No chance of a full refund they are just going to swap everything into a new casing. And Lou the owner told me if I wanted to have it welded it wouldnt void my warranty which I thought was a bit odd...

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Hmm....That's interesting. Welding cast aluminum is much more difficult that anything I've ever touched. The bottom line is it either "welds or it doesn't". Not easy in my experience. Couple that with the fact that it's not brand new and clean, makes the task that much harder. I would not have it welded, period. If something else happens, who knows what they'll want you to do.