maaco paint job? are they any good

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
so macco supposedly has paint jobs for around $400, i was wondering if anybody has ever gotten anything painted there or know someone who has? just wanna know if its even worth thinking about.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There $400 paintjob involves spraying over your current paint with little to no paintwork. A quality paint job is near $1500-$2000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have and its a $400 paint job. Looks better than 20 year old paint though. If you do the prep yourself though then the finished product will be much better.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
A buddy had his old Falcon done there. It was better than nothing, but it was very low quality. Several rust spots were coming thru the paint a few years later due to poor prepwork.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
A quality job is actually a lot more than $1,000-$2,000 in most cases. That $400 wouldn't even cover the prep work for most quality paint jobs.

Richard

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A quality job is actually a lot more than $1,000-$2,000 in most cases. That $400 wouldn't even cover the prep work for most quality paint jobs.

Richard

The $1000 - $2000 number was for just a quick sanding with little to no masking, prep, etc. Paint jobs can run a lot higher, I know the paint itself for my truck will cost that in just materials

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rosco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like was said previously, it's better than nothing and they do little to no prep work. I had an '86 Camaro I picked up the day it got out of the Maaco booth. The guy I got it from did some prep work, so it looked pretty good. I sold it 4 years later and it still looked ok. It started to fade, but a good wax was able to bring back the shine. Only real issue I had was some chipping around the spoiler, but it really wasn't that noticeable. IMHO it's better than running around with mismatched panels until you can save up for a quality paint job on a dd, but if it's for a project, don't do it.

Reaction score
True man because I was planning on buying new panels for the sides of the bed and the fenders. also I was going to cut out the rocker panels and weld some new ones back on so that's why I'm planning on a paint job. I'll just do the prep myself and have them do their best paint job because they have like 4 levels of paint jobs