lug nut question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
alright guys here's the deal, i've got a 1998 silverado 3/4 ton with mickey thompson classic II wheels, i am using my factory lug nuts and want to use my factory center caps as well, but here is the problem, to use the factory center caps i need to use the little plastic lug nut covers that screw onto the main lug nuts and hold on the centercap, but the wheels are too thick around the studs and the little plastic lug nuts do not have enough thread to screw onto. so the real question is, does anyone know where i can get longer factory lug nuts or maybe some sort of washer/spacer to go in between the wheel and lug nut, or maybe have a better idea? any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Jon87transam

Reaction score
I don't know how long The studs are, but could you get some shorter lugnuts, use them first then put stockers on top of those, then put on the caps. Also, usually gm used 2 different height lugnuts with external threads. Prolly only 1/4" difference though. I really think the double nut idea might be the ticket.

86454k30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have done this before, If you look at the back side of your caps there is about a 1/4" between the lip and the flange or wear the lug nuts sit. If you trim a 1/4" all the way around of the cap lip they will go right on.