Lucas Tranny Additives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hodges87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My mom's 97 C1500 w/4L60E was throwing the dreaded P1870 code, and at the time I didn't have the money for a rebuild. So I changed the fluid and filter and put in a bottle of Lucas Transmission Additive and cleared the code. It worked great! Its been 30k since and no more hard 1-2 shift or P1870 code. I was so satisfied in fact, when I changed my trans filter on my 97 K1500 w/4L60E I added a bottle of Lucas. I've always had good luck with Lucas products.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Back to the rebuild issue G. Make sure your rebuilder will do your trans out of the truck. Some shops won't touch a trans pulled from the vehicle.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my mom had a 98 ford excort that started slipping, told her to put some lucas in it, stopped slipping, shifted smoother, about 4 years later it started slipping again, told her to put in another bottle, stopped it again, never slipped again up til' she sold it.