LS Swap gauges questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aleks2505

Reaction score
Hello, hoping to get some help here: I have a 1988 chev c2500 that I just completed a Gen3 L33 swap on, and truck runs great. I am just doing some finishing touches so my gauges work. The 88-91 came with a cluster that had an internal DRAC. I would like to hook up the 4k PCM signal from new computer to my cluster, so that I can get the speedo to work. I know for guys with external DRAC units, this is a bit easier, but what about guys with old clusters who have an internal DRAC? I already did a 91 cluster swap years ago, so I don't want to change the dash to a later year if I don't have to. If this is not possible, if someone can tell me how to splice in the two VSS wires so the speedo works, that would help too. Right now I have a Purple/Wht wire and a yellow wire that used to go to the old VSS. Can I splice those in to pins 20 and 21 of of the Green PCM plug? Thank you!

Aleks2505

Reaction score
ok, I got the speedo working by splicing the wires in, had to reverse them, so yellow to purple and purple to green. Would still like to know if there is a way to go to the speedo from the 4k PCM output to the internal drac cluster.