LS how-to guide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve M

Reaction score
greetings!
I am neckdeep into a 1997 that I am converting to an LS with a six speed, and Corvette suspension front and rear with a custom frame. The mechanical side of things and the fabrication side is a piece of cake for me, but the LS engine and the standalone wire harness is completely new territory. While I have done YouTube videos till I’m seeing them in my sleep, I would really like to find a Standalone wire harness guide if there is such a thing!!! My main concern is getting the engine wire harness to talk to the body wire harness. If it is better in the long run to upgrade the dash and AC to something more modern that is able to talk to the engine harness I’m not opposed if that’s the best way to go. SO,,, if any of you wire harness gurus can point me in the right direction to get started I would appreciate it. Again I am completely new to the wire harness side of things, so a “stand-alone harness for dummies“ Book or guide would be perfectly appropriate for me! Appreciate all the help in advance.

Oh, one other thing I’m looking for if it’s available, it is a complete fiberglass front end. I would like to have a tilt nose on this vehicle.

Steve
1997 Single cab, short bed, 2wd, corvette IFS and IRS. LS3 and 6 speed