lq9 vs 350 weight difference

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92terminator

Reaction score
does anyone know the weight difference from a 350 and a lq9??

i know when i removed my 454 and put in a 350 the truck sat a tad higher in the front, and now im gonna be replacing the 350 with a lq9 and want to know if i should keep the same front coils..

thanks, jorge

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure as of right now, and I'm not sure if anybody on the forum knows, but I'm going to be doing some checking here soon for a full write up on the history/stats of the L30/L31 as well as the LQ4/LQ9

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would say that the front end seemed higher/lighter after my swap but I'm not exactly sure. I would just see how it looked after and maybe heat the coils if needed.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
no no no! dont heat the coils! wow mike, did you actually do that? i have seen so many coils break after people heating them, and i have seen many more coils bend due to being softer than stock spec...

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I havent I was just saying if he was super worried about it thats the free way out.

RSTahoe99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i would NOT cut them either, ride quality will suffer, if anything you could get a set of 3/4 or 1 ton springs for a big block and put that set up in there. More than likely your stock springs are sufficient enough, from what i've read its only about 80-100lbs more if you get the iron block.

92terminator

Reaction score
i wont heat them for sure, ive tried that before on other cars and after a while they bounce and start to sagg. cutting them will hurt the ride quality for sure ive been down that road before...
this truck used to ride like a cadillac before with a belltech 2/4 and 22'' wheels, btw,, will shocks go bad after like 4-5 years of no use ??? the truck has been sitting that long its got those toxic shocks up front and im wondering if they are any good by now??