LQ4 Swap in my 95 Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Just know that the PCM fan signal is a switched ground, I suggest relays between the fan and computer. I seriously doubt that the computer can handle that kind of power throughput...

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
We had a miscommunication when Colt was wiring up the fans... He had it positive switched on the relay and the fans somehow had reversed airflow, but a few wire changes fixed that. After getting in there this swap is easy, just plan for a few setbacks, whatever you run into so you wont stress yourself out trying to make a deadline like us...

Kawikid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my harness in today I'm going to start taking out everything I dont need in it this weekend and labeling everything to make this go a little faster when the time comes. Right now all I have left is my intake manifold and headers. Heres a couple pics since Ive never posted any yet.

You must be registered for see images attach

Kawikid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finally started labeling everything on my wiring harness. Im using the diagram from the site listed below.

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/electrical/16282-need-pinout-ecm-harness.html

This is really not that hard at all its mostly time consuming. If you don't know what a acronym stands for just google it. I've had good luck doing it that way. Everything is pretty easy. Once you dive into it everything seems simple

Im using a cable throttle body so this is for a 99-02 harness

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Our hard part was figuring out what to do with the trans gear indicators, to splice the one in that comes from the cab or to just only run the one to the ecu. We found out that splicing them together correctly works out just fine. Problem number 2 was how to get power to everything. We used the fusebox that was factory gmt400 and added a fuse block as a distribution for switched accessories we had. After that it was nothing more than matching a few wires and an engine swap...