Lowering a 93 K1500? Is it possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treyes

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently bought a 93 k1500 but im in highschool and lifting it and towing and all that is useless here in the city so i was wondering if its possible to put a 4/6 drop and make it a street truck, its a single cab short bed so what do yall think?

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes. I am not sure of the stock rims will clear the fender lips.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sell it and get a 2wd. IMO, lowering a 4wd is absolutely pointless. Just like putting 24x14" wide rims on a truck. I have a lifted truck and tow with it. Many folks have lifted trucks and tow with them.

Last edited:

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I recently bought a 93 k1500 but im in highschool and lifting it and towing and all that is useless here in the city so i was wondering if its possible to put a 4/6 drop and make it a street truck, its a single cab short bed so what do yall think?

Does everything on the truck work perfectly? Is the interior in good shape? Does the AC / Heat work properly? I mention all this because mods on a less that solid base tend to end up a mess that doesn't run properly. If you drive it for a year, save up some bucks and carefully fix everything on it that needs fixing, you will have a better idea of what you want to do. Just my 2 cents and worth what it cost. Good luck!

Turbokat

Reaction score
I have just lowered my 2dr 4x4 and lowering it anymore than 2-3 inches in the front is not really possible as the upper ball joint angle becomes quite extreme. If you can easily find a 2wd instead i would rather do that

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock-530