Lower Control Arm Bushing Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not my pic but... found it on google.. this is how it's set up to remove them... just reverse you install them... yes this is an upper but the lower is the same idea
You must be registered for see images attach

sent from what use to be a great country...

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here we go...
removal

Install

sent from what use to be a great country...

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
must be a bigger c-clamp no way I had that kind of space, to get all the pieces plus the bushings and a-arm

thanks for the pictures

Crytone

Reaction score
How tight we talking? One trick I've used before is put the bushings in the freezer for a a day and the control arms in the sun. The cold makes the bushing shrink a bit and the sun makes the control arms expand a bit. Just google "Bushings in Freezer" and pages showing how it can be done show up.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I already got it handled, the bottle jack press at harbor freight made it much easier.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
man this dually is kicking my ass, I cant get that lower control arm in to save my Life!!!! i had a helll of a time on my 97 but this dually is killin me.

any ideas? im using a floor jack with no success, thinking about shaving off some of the inner tube on the bushing, thats basically whats giving me problems.

Chevy1500

Reaction score
I ran into the same thing when I did bushings in my lowers. Ended up pressing them in with a bench vise, which was a huge pita but got it done.
I also couldn't get them in for the life of me. Figured out the metal tube in the replacement bushings were just a hair longer than stock and the mating surface on the frame was a bit rough. A little touchup with a grinder on both and they went in.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
yea, just did a little grinding my self, still a tight fit, but finally went to there homes....