Low oil pressure at idle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesusv132

Reaction score
My truck has low oil pressure at idle , sometimes if i even mash the gas itll shut off, if i take off normal and start driving, the oil pressure goes up and it runs normal, but does the same thing whenever back at idle. Any ideas what it could be?
You must be registered for see images attach

Jesusv132

Reaction score
There could be a variety of things causing that behavior, but first:

Have you checked the ECU for trouble codes? Do it even if the SES light is off, there may be stored codes.
Havent checked yet, i will look up how to , since i dont have the OBDII port.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If
Havent checked yet, i will look up how to , since i dont have the OBDII port.

You must have a 1994 or 1995, if it's not OBDII and it has that gauge cluster, so you would be OBDI, possibly using the 16197427 ECU and an $0D firmware ID.

Someone should be able to read the codes for you. The ALDI port should be above the driver's feet, somewhere along the bottom of the dash (IIRC).

Jesusv132

Reaction score
If

You must have a 1994 or 1995, if it's not OBDII and it has that gauge cluster, so you would be OBDI, possibly using the 16197427 ECU and an $0D firmware ID.

Someone should be able to read the codes for you. The ALDI port should be above the driver's feet, somewhere along the bottom of the dash (IIRC).
Correct 95