Loud whine, brand new fuel pump.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hefftone

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just had my truck out for its first real drive. On my way home I hear this loud ass whine. When I get home I can definitely tell its coming from the fuel pump. I shut off the engine for a bout 15 seconds. On restart, it sounded normal again.
I'm running the AC delco pump for 96+ vortec engines, and it has only been in for a few months. I checked my fuel pressure a little while back and it was 12psi....is thing thing about to take a on me?

CLIFF NOTES:
Problem seems to be solved. It was the filthiness of he tank contaminating the gas, and clogging the fuel filter.After removing and rinsing the tank, new gas and fuel filter she's running awesome. Shoulda have replaced the whole tank when I first did the fuel pump. Worst looking gas I've ever seen. If your filter clogs up with rusty dust, ya gotta Yank the tank.

Android/Tapatalk

Last edited:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's running the vortec pump in a tbi truck guys. I think 12 is right where those need to be....

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's overkill for sure, but as long as the fpr is good it should dump the extra pressure off on the return side back to the tank