Looking for some audio help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Driving around in my truck yesterday and turned the sound up a bit. For a stock setup it's fine, but I'd like to add to it a little bit. This is not my DD and I don't have big plans so not looking to do too much to it. What I would like to do is add an amp and sub to the factory deck. Not looking for any thing crazy. I'm just thinking about doing 1 good quality 8". I would like to put it in an enclosure that i can fit underneath the front bench(passenger side probably). I suppose if a 10" would fit I might try that too. I found some 8" subs that require as little as .15 cu ft so I think it would be able to fit underneath. Anyway....please give me suggestions on things or if you know where I can find applicable information.

Thanks in advance.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
if your adding a 8" sub and want to be able to move it between vehicals a bazooka tube will sound good and can be made to use in more than 1 vehical.....amp and speaker mounted all in one tube...put it behind the seat ...i have one and it works great

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know that you don't want to replace the factory deck, but even an inexpensive deck can make a huge difference in sound in all ranges and you may wind up being happy with the sound without subs. I have a stereo that I always use in my 2nd vehicle, I just take it out and re-install the factory deck when I sell it. Also, many aftermarket decks have RCA outputs for subs making the installation easy.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would also start by replacing the factory deck. Ive have done setups like what your talking about and i have had everyone come back to me to replace the stock deck.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really don't want to replace the factory deck for a plethora of reasons I'm not going to list. As far as being removable, I don't need/want anything removable. My DD has two 10" subs in the trunk. I've got Focal componants and a couple of amps and stuff in it.

Back to topic. Do you think I can fit an 8" enclosure under the seat?

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have a regular cab? Why not behind the seat?

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have a regular cab? Why not behind the seat?
I actually have an ext cab, but just want something that will be out of the way. I know there are underseat boxes that work in the back, but I just want what I want(LOL). Part of it is I don't want anything that is visible.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm......Although I just did have a thought. I've been wanting to put in a new deck into my car. The one in there is getting old. Then I could just swap that deck into my truck. I'd be in business as far as having a good deck. My plan is to put in a "carputer" someday, but I will probably never get around to it. Currently I've got this.

You must be registered for see images attach