looking for cab swap info 95-up sytle inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sweetk30

c3500-HD
Reaction score
i scored a clean 2wd c1500 and was looking for the possible swap of the whole cab to my 01 3500-HD 1.5ton truck this gmt400 style .

the 3500-HD has rusted rockers / cab corners / doors and before i go and swap them all with aftermarket crap fitting stuff i figure why now cab swap this and be done with it . plus the c1500 has A/C inside and my 01 has all the wiring from factory for it and the bracket just no pump or other parts .

do you members know if the floor is the same shape on both ? i know the med duty stuff in the older square body and back were more flat so cabs didnt swap easy at all .

and how hard is it to swap the dash over and its wiring from the 01 to the 95 ? its not that i cant do it but i am more a 73-87 truck guy and now starting on my trip in to the 88-98 stuff so i figure why not just ask and see if someone has some good links / threads / or helpful tips .

thanks for any you can provide me and i will look around till then . :cool: