Looking at a RC 4" lift, got a few questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doublestack00

Reaction score
I've been reading for a few days and have not found a firm answer on some things. Also I think most threads I have found are on the $1000 kit, I am looking at the more basic 4" kit. I was going to do a 3" body lift but I hate the way the frame show and the way the steps and hitch look after. Plus by the time I buy the body lift other things I'll need I'll be around the same price as this kit.

I am looking at this kit: SKU: 4IN GM SUSPENSION LIFT KIT 145.20

http://www.roughcountry.com/gm-suspension-lift-kit-145-20.html

Will I need to buy extended brake lines? They suggest it, wondering because I just ordered a set of Russel OE replacement stainless lines I was about to install, needed to know before I install them.

The steering stabilizer is only $29, should I spring for that? They also recommend the transfer case kit and frame support brackets, do I need either or both of those? If I need the frame supports I'll have to pass on the kit as I do not have access to a welder.

Anyone have this kit on a 4X4 extended cab with 33-35" tires? I am wanting to run 33's.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
x2 on the wrong kit. The stabilizer you need is $49.95 and I would get it. The cost is nothing if you're throwing that much money for a lift and what does it hurt?

Doublestack00

Reaction score
Yea, I just realized that is the wrong kit. When I entered my info into the site it came up.

Looks like I'll end up with a 3" body kit since the suspension lifts are so dang expensive.