Look at this. Scary

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just found this. Easy to use, might make a good stickie.

FYI, this is basically the "GM Master RPO List" that's been circulating for years with a search function built into it. Which is to say, not really the best choice for accurate information. For instance if you type in "G80" you get "AXLE,REAR,POSITRACTION,LIMITED SLIP" which is correct for something like an F-body Camaro/Firebird, but not for these trucks which got lockers. GM recycled many (most) of the RPO codes over the years with different vehicles so what's accurate for one vehicle may not be for another. This is why I recommend compnine.com for RPO look-ups. It costs money, but in my experience their RPO descriptions are pretty much always accurate to the specific vehicle in question.

@1ton-o-fun has an account with CompNine and has offered to run VINs for members here for free, but he hasn't been on here in a couple months.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/vin-decoder.51712/

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought G80 as a posi did apply to our trucks. The 97 Suburban I'm looking at shows that code, while the 97 Silverado doesn't, and hasn't got a posi..

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought G80 as a posi did apply to our trucks. The 97 Suburban I'm looking at shows that code, while the 97 Silverado doesn't, and hasn't got a posi..

The G80 code does apply to our trucks, but not as a posi/limited slip. The only non-open carrier option in these was the Eaton "Gov-Lock" lockers.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The G80 code does apply to our trucks, but not as a posi/limited slip. The only non-open carrier option in these was the Eaton "Gov-Lock" lockers.
So what does G80 refer to in our trucks?

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
it means eaton gov-lock locker here is a video on how it works
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
are you saying the video is wrong?

No...

Guys, I only used the G80 thing as an example. I'm talking about how the website's description says "posi/limited slip" when it's actually a locker. Point being while the code definitions in that master list will generally be close enough to get you pointed in the right direction, they're not 100% accurate to every vehicle. That's all I'm saying here.