Longer drive shaft needed after RCX 6"???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Pinion seal is fixed and diff fluid changed. No more oil flinging all over the underside of the bed! There's a good 2+ inches of the slip yolk in the tail of the transfer case. I'm going to have a new drive shaft made next week. I was quoted $285 for the new shaft. I definitely have axle wrap. Go-pro'd it at my buds house this afternoon. I've actually used a go-pro for stuff like this quite a bit. You can see the diff pitching up and down when the truck moves. My engine has always had a good bit of pep, and I didn't notice much of a decrease in power. I'm very certain that I could still smoke em with a quick stab of the throttle. Here's a pic of the truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

Awesome lookin truck what size blocks you have?

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Looks awesome! so identical to mine same color except extended cab same wheels and tire combo and 4 inch rcx instead 6

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Reaction score
thz71, I have the 4" tapered block and long add a leaf.

Chevyman, How do you like the tow mirrors. I've been considering them. Also, did your lift come with shock boots? I didn't get any. My friend says he got his with the kit.

I think I may have fixed the majority of my problem. I noticed that the strap that goes under the axle that the u-bolts go through was not perfectly lined up with the old marks on the axle tubes. Both side were a tad bit off, but only by about 1/8". Upon further investigation I noticed that they were marked LH and RH. They were on the wrong sides. I swapped them and they lined up with the old marks. Torqued them down and went for a ride. I jumped on the throttle a bit from a dead stop and no vibration. Even spun a little. I'm not saying that it is 100% cured because I only went up the street and back. I will know for sure on the ride into work tomorrow. I'm still looking into getting a longer drive shaft though. There is also a big rig shop near by that does springs and bends i-beam axles for semis. I'm thinking about having them bend me a set of u-bolts that are a bit bigger. I noticed that the stock u-bolts and the ones that came with the lift are a good bit smaller than the holes in the strap. It will make them a **** to get in, but would probably solidify things a bit more.

Last edited:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I like my tow mirrors and i dont use shock boots they just hold contaminate on the shocks

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
As far as the towing mirrors I love them, id have a hard time going back to stock because I love how much you can see out of them and the blindspots rather you tow much or not. My lift do not come with the shock boots, I had to pay extra to get the boots.