Longer drive shaft needed after RCX 6"???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Just rear and then you need a zero rate to center the axle

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Im not positive in prive but ik ORD sells um

megaburb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
did you both use the blocks supplied by the rcx kit by chance? because we took those off two trucks already and swapped them out for our local offroad shops off the shelfers and it stopped.

Yep. I'm not a big fan of lift blocks in general but its just a toy. I'm going to build a traction bar this spring and find a different leaf pack to get rid of the blocks.

Reaction score
Pinion seal is fixed and diff fluid changed. No more oil flinging all over the underside of the bed! There's a good 2+ inches of the slip yolk in the tail of the transfer case. I'm going to go ahead and have a new drive shaft made next week. I was quoted $285 for the new shaft. I did use the blocks supplied with the kit and I definitely have axle wrap. Pretty bad too. Go-pro'd it at my buds house this afternoon. (I've actually used the Go-pro for stuff like this quite a bit.) You can see the diff pitching up and down when the truck moves. Makes sense, my engine has always had a good bit of pep, and I didn't notice much of a decrease in power. I'm very certain that I could still smoke em with a quick stab of the throttle. But I don't dare try until I get a new shaft and fix the axle wrap. Here's a pic of the truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: